Fundraising for 25000 spins Queenstown Classic 2017
We respect your privacy & security. For details please refer to our
Terms and conditions of purchase for 25000spins Events
These Terms and Conditions of Entry (“Entry Terms”) are designed to enable 25000spins events (the “Ride”) to run effectively. By registering to participate in the Ride, you (the “Rider”) accept and agree to be bound by these Entry Terms:
1. The Rider may elect to take part in one of the ride options. The ride lengths may not match the exact distance promoted.
2. The Rider may change his/her Ride Option. If the Rider changes to a Ride Option with a higher entry fee, the Rider will be required to pay and will be charged the difference between the entry fee paid and the higher entry fee. If the Rider changes to a Ride Option with a lower entry fee, the difference between the entry fee paid and the lower entry fee will not be refunded.
3. A registration is not considered to be complete, and a place held in the rider's preferred ride option until all required rider information is supplied and payment in full has been received and the fundraising minimum has been met.
4. The Rider warrants that he/she has prior experience or will obtain experience riding in groups and be able to maintain a minimum average speed of 20km per hour.
5. 25000spins may, in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons for its decision, accept or refuse an application for registration.
6. Anyone taking part in this event will be classed as a professional fundraiser.
7. In return for a secured place on the event, you must donate to 25000spins a non-refundable contribution to the trip costs of your entry deposit and commit to raising a further minimum amount in sponsorship as outlined on sign up. Proof of confirmed pledges for the full amount should be received no later than 5 days before the trip starts.
8. Raise the specified minimum in sponsorship to take part in the event.
9. Make it clear that I am not an employee or agent of the Charity.
10. To be at least 18 years of age.
10. No refunds will be offered for cancellations received.
11. Should you not be able to take up your place, donations will not be refundable or transferrable to another event.
12. Ride Communications will principally be made via email and text message. The Rider should therefore provide a valid email address and mobile number.
13. The Rider consents to receiving and reading all information that is made available, in email, text message, the Ride Guide and all other literature concerning the Ride.
Mode of Transport
14. Only standard, human-powered bicycles are permitted on the Events. Unicycles, scooters, motorised and power-assisted bicycles, child seats, tagalongs, trailers and animals are not permitted on Events.
15. All Riders who register pay in full and reach the fundraising minimum will be eligible to receive an official event cycling jersey.
16. All Riders on all Ride options must wear their event jersey whilst participating in the ride unless part of a registered team. The event jersey must be worn each day of the event.
17. All merchandise purchased is non-refundable.
18. All transport bookings for the ride options are non-refundable.
19. 25000spins will use its best endeavours to take due care in handling bikes transported, but is not responsible for any loss, damage, cost or expense that the Rider may suffer or incur as a result of 25000spins handling his/her bike.
Acknowledgement and Waiver
20. The Rider acknowledges and agrees that participation in the Ride is inherently dangerous and that he/she participates in the Ride at his/her own risk.
21. In consideration of 25000spins permitting the Rider to enter and participate in the Event, the Rider hereby releases and indemnifies 25000spins, the sponsors of the Ride and any of their respective representatives from and against all and any claims, suits, demands, liabilities, loss and damage (including indirect and consequential loss), costs, expenses and, interest, whether pursuant to common law or statute, that the Rider may suffer or incur arising from or connected with the Rider’s participation in the Ride including as a result of the negligence, breach of duty, breach of care or other fault or responsibility of 25000spins, the sponsors of the Ride and any of their respective representatives. A waiver and release form of 25000spins is annexed to this agreement as its integral part. You are not entitled to participate in the Event until you agree with terms and conditions of both this Agreement and the said Waiver form.
22. If the Rider is a parent/Guardian of a person under 18 years (“Under Age Child”) who is participating in the Ride, that Rider consents to the Under Age Child participating in the Ride and agrees to take full and sole responsibility for the Under Age Child’s safety and participation in the Ride.
23. The Rider further agrees and undertakes to 25000spins for and on behalf of the Under Age Child that the release and indemnity contained in clause 35 applies with full force and effect to the Under Age Child and that the Rider and any spouse or defacto spouse or partner will take no steps of any sort on behalf of the Under Age Child that would result in the release and indemnity in clause 35 being rendered inoperative, of no effect or being declared or ordered by a court of law as not applying to the Under Age Child.
24. An adventure Event is not without risks. You must be adequately fit to cover the distances and undertake the programme set out in your Event itinerary. You therefore take part entirely at your own risk. In addition you agree to indemnify 25000spins and the Charity against claims for loss or damage to personal property or for loss or consequential losses or claims through your participation in this Event arising from your own actions.
25. You take the risk that you will be able to satisfy all immigration customs or other authorities to be able to be granted lawful access into all the countries on the itinerary. If you are refused access, 25000spins accepts no liability for any costs and expenses you incur in resolving your difficulties or returning home. 25000spins will give such assistance as we can in the circumstances without any obligation upon us to do so and without any liability for our actions on your behalf.
Compliance with Laws
26. During the Ride, the Rider must comply with all traffic and road laws, all directions issued by Police and all instructions given by 25000spins or any employees or officials representing 25000spins at the Ride. Failure to do so may result in the Rider being removed from the Ride and they will not receive a registration refund.
The Rider must wear a standard cycling helmet at all times during the Ride while riding a bicycle whether or not it is mandatory under the jurisdiction the event takes place.
27. Rider acknowledges and guarantees her/his knowledge and compliance with the traffic rules of the jurisdiction of the ride. If traffic rues contain less safety requirements than this Agreement this Agreement should be applied. If traffic rules require higher safety standards, traffic rules should be applied by Rider. In case of direct contradiction of traffic rules and this Agreement, traffic rules shall be applied
28. The rider of a bicycle must not ride at night, or in hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility, unless the bicycle, or the rider, displays: (a) a flashing or steady white light that is clearly visible for at least 200 metres from the front of the bicycle; and (b) a flashing or steady red light that is clearly visible for at least 200 metres from the rear of the bicycle; and (c) a red reflector that is clearly visible for at least 50 metres from the rear of the bicycle when light is projected onto it by a vehicle’s headlight on low-beam.
29. You must comply with the laws and regulations of the countries visited and comply with all reasonable instructions of the Event Leader relating to the safety and organisation of the Event. If in 25000spins opinion, any airline pilot, accommodation manager or other person in authority feels that you are behaving in such a manner as to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others or cause damage to property, your Event arrangements may be terminated by us or the Supplier concerned. In such an event, 25000spins shall have no liability to you and will not be responsible for making any refunds, paying any compensation or meeting any costs or expenses you incur as a result. Furthermore, you must meet any expenses 25000spins incurs as a result of your behaviour.
Preparation, Training, Health and Safety
30. The Rider is responsible for ensuring that he/she has adequately and appropriately prepared both physically and mentally for the Ride. If the Rider has any health issues or doubts prior to the Ride, he/she should immediately seek appropriate medical advice.
31. If, during the Ride, the Rider becomes ill or is injured, 25000spins will endeavour to arrange medical transport, usually in an ambulance. Any medical transport will be at the Rider’s expense. (25000spins recommends that Riders hold current ambulance service membership and /or health insurance to cover such costs.
32. The Rider is responsible to ensure that the bicycle is properly serviced, roadworthy and suitable for the event.
33. Most participants complete the Event they undertake. However, if you are obliged to cut your Event short due to ill-health or for any other reason, there is no refund. Any additional accommodation and/or transfer fees, flight and accommodation costs are your responsibility.
34. The Rider must ride in a safe and responsible manner during the Ride and use common sense at all times.
35. The Rider must exercise caution on all public roads and other thoroughfares and ride defensively and courteously.
Meal and Dietary Requirements
36. If these food provided do not meet your dietary requirements, you must consider alternate ways in which to personally cater for your own meals.
37. Any special meal option for the Ride is provided by 25000spins as a service to the Ride Participants. Every effort is made by 25000spins to ensure that recipes and ingredients are controlled.
38. 25000spins cannot however, guarantee that any meal or food item is exactly as described - contamination by allergens can occur that is beyond 25000spins and or the caterer's reasonable control.
39. It is solely the Ride Participant’s responsibility to carry on you at all times, suitable food and/or medication which may be necessary to treat any particular medical condition that you suffer from.
40. Meals provided for the Ride not intended to provide full nutrition for your ride distance. We expect that riders will adequately cater to their nutritional requirements while undertaking their chosen ride distance.
Ride and Ride Option Variation
41. 25000spins reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to: (a) change or vary the route of any of the Ride Options without notice; (b) cancel, postpone, reschedule or change the time or place for the Ride or any of the Ride Options for any reason and at any time prior to the commencement of the Ride; and (c) 25000spins is not responsible for or liable to the Rider for any loss, damage, cost or expense, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise and howsoever or wheresoever incurred by the Rider resulting from any such action taken by 25000spins.
42. 25000spins has no control and accepts no liability whatsoever for cancellations and delays, which are subject to operational decisions by carriers, airlines and/or traffic control authorities. You are responsible for checkin at the correct time and for presenting yourself to take up all pre-booked components of your Event. If transportation delays mean that any additional transfers are required to enable you to join the group these costs must be met immediately by you and should later be reclaimed under your insurance policy if applicable. If you are joining the tour locally (i.e. the country(s) the Event takes place in) the responsibility of 25000spins does not commence until the appointed time at the designated meeting point.
43. The timings of road or rail departures are estimates only. We cannot accept liability for any delay in your travel arrangements from or to the event start point whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling by a transport provider, port authority, mechanical breakdown or industrial action. Where long delays result in lost Event time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, transport providers do not offer compensation for delays.
44. If 25000spins is required to change the itinerary during the Event, the Event Leader will arrange the best alternative. This decision will rest on the sole judgement of the Event Leader. The decision of the Event Leader is final.
Private support vehicles
45. Private support vehicles are not permitted on the Ride. Riders found to be making use of private support vehicles may be expelled from the event. Registration in future events may be rejected if found to be using private support vehicles.
46. The Rider acknowledges and agrees that he/she may be photographed or filmed during the Ride and consents to 25000spins using the Rider’s picture and likeness contained in any photographs or film for publicising the Ride and for promoting any future ride or event to be staged by 25000spins
47. The parent/Guardian acknowledges and agrees that their Under Age Child may be photographed or filmed during the Ride and consents to 25000spins using the Rider’s picture and likeness contained in any photographs or film for publicising the Ride and for promoting any future ride or event to be staged by 25000spins.
49. The Rider consents to their details being shared with our partners including the following: a) Our charity partners: for online fundraising registration; b) Our event photographer and videographer; c) Our communication team.
50. It is a condition of joining an Event that in cases of emergency the 25000spins representative has your authority to arrange any necessary medical or surgical treatments and to sign any required form of consent on your behalf.
51. You are responsible to pay for your personal equipment, tips, Airport Taxes, government imposed fees and the costs of visas, vaccinations, additional food and drink, personal spending money, transport to and from the airport of departure, travel insurance and any other activities not included in the itinerary. Clients taking their own equipment on tour are responsible for any charges for transportation levied by the transport provider including excess baggage.
52. You agree that you will not use the Event to raise funds for any cause other than the charity named in your registration form. If you cancel, or you are required to withdraw from the Event, you will be required to send all sponsorship money collected or received, directly to the Charity.
53. The Participant agrees to raise the money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the Charity’s fundraising pack.
54. Comply with all guidelines concerning use of the Charity logo and any other promotional materials/ tools.
55. Do nothing that will bring 25000spins, the event or the Charity into disrepute.
56. Not use the Charity name or logo for any purpose without written permission after the termination date of this agreement.
57. A percentage of the money raised will be invoiced by 25000spins to the charity to cover the balance of the trips costs. 25000spins is a not for profit business. Our aim is to maximise the funds to the charity and ultimately to the field helping those less fortunate.
58. Inform all potential donors and sponsors that all donations are for the Charity (a registered charity);
59. Donations will not be refundable to me or transferrable to another event, even if I do not participate in, or complete, the event.
60. Pay all cash and at the earliest opportunity but in any event no later than 28 days after receipt, using the online fundraising page or direct to the charity.
61. Where you raise over the minimum sponsorship required, I understand that donations raised and banked will be non-transferable to any future events.
62. 25000spins is not responsible for changes which arise as a result of situations outside of our control such as technical or maintenance problems with means of transportation, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or main charterer, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disasters, bad weather, bureaucratic obstacles or terrorist activity.
63. Very rarely, 25000spins maybe forced by “Force Majeure” to change or terminate the event after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlike but if the situation does occur, 25000spins regret it will be unable to make any refunds, pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
64. In order to participate in a 25000spins Event, it is compulsory that you have adequate Travel Insurance. Clients together with their personal property including baggage are at all times solely at their own risk. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance.
65. This Agreement and all the rights under it may be assigned or transferred by 25000spins.
66. If you are over 65 years of age or if you have any medical condition that could be adversely affected by exercise, particularly a heart condition or asthma, you must provide 25000spins with a medical certificate from your doctor. By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are confirming that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health is good and that you take full responsibility for your health and personal wellbeing.
67. “25000spins” means Lingo Services UK Limited No. 06720746, ABN 15 534 704 258 and includes where appropriate 25000spins employees, volunteers, agents, contractors and officers.
These Terms must be read together with any Terms and Conditions specific to a particular event (Event Terms) which are located on the fundraising page for that event. If there is any conflict between these Terms and any Event Terms, then these Terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
An example of the way this fee structure works is as follows:
To cancel a Regular Giving payments the User must email
or calling 1300 889 272 or + 61 29326 9877. Cancelations
take up to 7 working days to take effect.
Any payment that occurs before this time cannot be cancelled and will not be refunded
by GoFundraise. Users will be notified via email that your payment has been cancelled.
It is the Users responsibility to ensure that cancellations have been made,
if you do not receive a confirmation within 7 days please call 1300 889 272 or + 61 29326 9877 immediately.
All receipts will be generated and emailed to you on the day your regular payment
is made and are available for download under the Users My Donation and Purchases area.